Thursday, February 20, 2014

Shakespeare, You Are Not My Friend.

For now, I'd like to discuss Desdemona.

Desdemona is the first "damsel in distress".

She was in love with Othello, even though he was black.

Michael Cassio became friends with Desdemona while Othello was fighting in the war against the Turks. I realize these aren't the Turks, but it's hard to find actual battles on Youtube.

Othello came back, and killed her.

Desdemona was innocent, and didn't deserve to be killed. Although, I think the idea of love shouldn't be used as an excuse.

It's like YOLO. YOLO was used as an excuse by people to justify their stupid actions.

You all remember how this ends, right?

I mean, not only did she married her husband in secret, but she went on to become close friends with a male while her beloved, whom she knew had jealousy issues, was at war.

This ultimately made her lose all faith I had in her. I mean, this is what lead to her following Iago's plan, which did end up going according to plan.

You should know that, if your husband has jealousy issues, you don't go making friends with guys he will get jealous of, if you have no time to explain.This makes me think Desdemona was planned to look stupid, not unlike these cats.

Thank you, Shakespeare!

And, as always, goodbye, my duckies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment