Thursday, January 23, 2014

Fangirling... And Death Has Been Proved Wrong

Part 10: The Other Side of Sandpaper

The whole motivation to finish this book came from a few things:

1. Zusak's view of life and death,

2. Zusak's way of portraying the problems with the human mind,

3. Zusak's use of the disobedient, impossibly impenetrable, object that is the human being,

4. Zusak's use of emotional language to encourage emotional breakdowns, whether of the mind, or dealing with physical reactions as well,

AND...........

5. ZUSAK'S USE OF RUDY AND LEISEL'S LOVE TO PROMOTE FANGIRLING.

While death narrates the story, we all know the only reason any person in their right mind would read to the end is to either figure out what happened to Max, or to figure up if Rudy ever gets his kiss.

I am a teenage girl, and I can honestly say the most emotional event in this book was Rudy's death.

Even Leisel's brother's death is second to Rudy's.

When Leisel kissed Rudy's dead lips, I almost cried.

Deaths final words really took me by surprise, though. He states, "I am haunted by human."

I was reading one of my favorite books, Looking for Alaskaby John Green, when I realized we are haunted by death more than we should be, so I believe death has it backwards.


So, I am going to close this death-style.

The Final Words From Driehaus World on The Book Thief

I am surrounded and haunted by death, in my world as well as yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment